Acne treatment – facial cleansing
In this article you will read everything about acne treatment, deep face cleansing, and the PDT (Photodynamic Therapy) method. You will also learn about acne treatment by taking vitamins from plastic surgeon Dr. George Tsakonis. Acne is a skin disease that occurs mainly in teenage years. Several are of course the times when acne is disturbing us in our adult lives. Characteristics of acne are the intense skin greasiness and the excessive activity of the sebaceous glands. Often, there is a case of pore blockage, or colonization of the Propionibacterium Acnes microbe. Acne mainly affects the skin areas that display a greater number of sebaceous glands, such as the face, back and chest. This type of glands secrete the so-called sebum, which carries a number of dead cells on the surface through the hair follicles. Then the cells and fatty sebum, clog the hair follicles and so bacteria are created. Finally, these bacteria swell the pores and grow acne and pimples.
The main types of acne
- Blatidoozodes – It is a combination of nodules and papules that cause internal pimples that cause enough pain. This type of inflammation can occur in addition to the face and back, chest and other parts of the body.
- Fagesoric – This type presents open or closed fagesors. The open ones are black spots from a combination of bristles, keratin, and sebaceous glands. Closures are made of white horn spots and are milder, without inflammation.
- Cystic – This type presents the appearance of cysts, mainly around the mouth and forehead. It is the most painful and severe form of acne and if not treated in time leaves scars on the skin.
- Blatidofliktenodis – In this type of acne, stigmas are shown in the skin with fairly intense red color, with or without a pus. It is a relatively mild type of acne with small size inflammation in the skin.
- Thunder Acne – It is a relatively rare form that usually occurs in young men. It usually ends in scars and appears on the back, face and chest.
- Acne from cosmetics or drugs – This type of acne is acne damage and is usually found in women over 25 years of age. The cause is the use of unsuitable cosmetics or formulations.
- Other Acne Types – Rosacea Acne, Summer Acne, Tropical, Common
The so-called adult acne occurs more often at younger ages, but it may even occur after 40. The areas in which it appears are the face, upper chest and back. It is definitely a chronic problem that has a negative impact on psychology and unfortunately there is a tendency to relapse. This type of acne is due to the excessive functioning of the sebaceous glands of the skin and to the propionic bacterium. It has the effect of producing a large amount of sebum and creating local inflammation. Many factors play a role in the treatment of adult acne. The most common are:
- skin type and hormone imbalance
- smoking & nutrition
From the first signs to acne treatment
Acne is caused due to disturbances in the level of hormones, especially due to puberty. Androgens (hormones) have communication with the sebaceous glands which are responsible for regulating sebaceous secretion through the pockets. Acne is therefore the dysfunction of smooth coat and gland collaboration. When sebum production is normal, it benefits the skin by protecting it with a protective layer. However, hormonal disorders lead to excessive production and make the skin greasy. Let’s look at all the stages, from the first signs of acne to its treatment.
At this early stage, cell changes can occur in the pockets and the skin surface. The outer layer of the skin begins to become sticky and thicker. The result is the next stage ….
At this stage the pouches begin to fill with a mixture of sebum and cells. So black spots begin to occur at all points where the sebum is in contact with the air, or when it is trapped under the skin. So we go to the next stage ….
At this point, the P. acnes bacteria proliferation begins. Its proliferation is favored by an environment that does not come in contact with air, so clogged pores are the ideal area to grow. The bacterium can cause inflammation, resulting in pustules, large pimples, cysts and acne nodules.
The restoration effort is at this stage. Macrophage cells repair damaged tissues and stimulate the skin. This is how the repair of the fault begins. The procedure may take a long time, depending on the treatment and the severity of the condition.
At this last stage you regain control by following the appropriate treatment. Of course you do not have to go through all the steps to ask for help from a specialist. The sooner you start the treatment, the easier it will be to improve the condition and avoid possible permanent scars on the face. Let’s look at the options currently available as an acne treatment.
A deep facial cleansing is perhaps the first step to take care of your epidermis. It is important because we can remove sebum and pollutants from the environment and help to renew the cells. Deep face cleansing is suitable for women and men of all ages. It is important for a specialist to take care of the procedure, in a place that adheres to all hygiene rules. The first stage of facial cleansing is deodorizing with a special emulsion and then a good facial peeling. Then we deliver warm vapor and ozone to the face to increase blood circulation and soften the stratum corneum. This makes it easier to remove black and white spots etc. Then we place a special soothing mask that leaves the skin refreshed, clean and vigorous. Finally, we use a special day healing cream for perfect hydration.
Photodynamic Therapy – PDT
Photodynamic therapy or PDT, improves acne due to its antibacterial action and the beneficial effect of UV rays on the immune system. Photodynamic therapy for PDT acne, provides a solution where other therapies fail. It is also a perfectly safe and approved acne treatment. It fights the factors responsible for acne without having the undesirable effects of taking antibiotics, retinoids and hormones. PDT photodynamic therapy has anti-inflammatory activity and regulates seborrhea. In addition, it reduces the number of P. acnes bacteria and the size of the sebaceous glands. PDT photodynamic therapy is based on the production of porphyrins by the P. acnes bacterium. Porphyrins are activated by phototherapy and make a photochemical reaction that eradicates and destroys the bacterium. The multiple benefits of PDT photodynamic therapy make it an ideal choice for treating acne on the face, back and chest.
Acne treatment with vitamins
Acne can be greatly improved by using appropriate vitamins in the form of pills. This treatment includes:
- Vitamin A – It is antioxidant and helps significantly in reducing sebum secretion. In addition, it protects the skin cells from free radicals and gives a shiny and healthy skin. Vitamin A is effective in treating acne and for this reason it is often found in prescriptive ointments.
- Vitamin E – It has beneficial action in eliminating scars from acne.
- Omega 3 – Helps in rapid healing and treatment of skin infections. It also helps improve cell function and regeneration.
- Zinc – It also has an anti-inflammatory effect.
Laser treatment for acne is a pioneering method in the hands of aesthetic medicine. The laser beam targets the lower layers of the skin and the sebaceous gland. Heat reduces the size of the glands and regulates the amount of sebum produced by the body. In addition, it sterilizes the pores of the epidermis, neutralizes the bacteria and improves the inflammatory effects of acne. At the same time it strengthens the collagen production of the epidermis and helps to heal scars. The triple action of acne laser is to:
- Treat inflammation by acting on dilated capillaries.
- Bactericidal action
- Sebum reduction
The effects of laser treatment on acne are directly visible, almost from the very first application. The proposed sessions are defined by Dr. Tsakonis, depending on the size of the problem and the needs of your skin.